Mind & Body Program
Robin Hood’s Mind and Body program includes a trip to practice yoga on top of Acadia National Park’s Cadillac Mountain at sunrise.
Learning and developing techniques to alleviate stress is important to us all. Children need to enhance their ability to self-sooth for their physical and mental health. Robin Hood is proud to be at the forefront in camping in offering these important skills to campers. I encourage each and every camper to come and check out our Mind & Body Program this summer. -Rick Littlefield
Robin Hood Camp |
Mind & Body Program
Mind & Body is a new activity emphasizing the well-being of the physical and spiritual sides of campers. This activity is highly influenced by Yoga to help build a healthy, sustainable body. Benefits include mindfulness and listening to the body to keep all parts of the body happy. We teach campers how to find trigger points on themselves and their friends in order to release muscle tension. Campers learn their body’s anatomy and gain knowledge on how to prevent injuries. With the combination of practicing Yoga and trigger points, campers will learn how to better maintain and sustain their bodies. By improving strength, flexibility and focus campers will soon find that improvement in other sports will come naturally.
The body is a magnificent work of art that is always changing and therefore it is important to know how to treat pain or injuries.
Sunrise meditation from top of Cadillac Mountain
- We practice Yoga
- We listen to our bodies
- We are mindful towards our co-practitioners
- We meditate
- We use trigger points to release muscle tension
- We work on our strength and flexibility
- We practice Mind & Body to improve in other sports
- Introduction to campers -Campers influence structure of the week if have requests(injuries,pain)
- Campers learn the Yoga breathing
- Short Yoga warm up
- Yoga warm up lawn at Top Notch
- Self massage on the shoulders and chest
- Campers partner up and learn how to massage and learn trigger points on the legs
- Yoga warm up by the lake – or on it
- Self massage the sole of the feet
- Yoga stretch class at Top Notch
- Meditation Class – a long meditation followed by a sharing circle where we talk about the week
- Fun class – Campers get to lead the class, depending on their understanding and confidence in the material
Yoga is an integral part of Robin Hood’s Mind & Body program.
Astros returns to lead the Mind & Body program in 2017.
Sunrise meditation happens after an overnight camping trip to Acadia National Park Trip.